Monday, May 9, 2016

Los Angeles Added to 2016 Schedule



I have a business trip to the Los Angeles area May 18-24.  I am driving from Reno to Los Angeles so taking a lunch stop in the Bay Area to get TPC Harding Park in along the way. Since most of my meetings don't start until after 10 am, that leaves me the early morning to get a round of golf in each day.  Still building a schedule but here is what I have thus far:

May 18 - NR TPC Harding Park
May 19 - #97 (Public) Rustic Canyon Golf Course
May 20 - TBD
May 23 - TBD
May 24 - TBD

I have already played Pelican Hill, Half Moon Bay, and Trump National (as well as Pasatiempo and the Olympic Club). Would love to add a few new courses to my experience.
Since I am driving from Reno, I pass by the Bay Area as well. I still have several courses on the top 100 in the U.S., but I don't have any current contacts at Riviera, Los Angeles (North), Bel-Air, Cypress Point, San Francisco G.C., Valley Club of Montecito, California Golf Club of San Francisco, or Monterrey Peninsula so those are out of reach currently.
Pebble Beach (and Links at Spanish Bay and Spyglass Hill) is a pretty expensive trips. I also think I would rather wait and go with my son or some friends so I don't experience those solo.
Torrey Pines is further south than I was planning for this trip.
Cordevalle would be awesome but it has to be a stay and play package deal and I drive past it on my way to LA so that isn't in the cards for this trip.
I had a bad experience at Rustic Canyon a little over a year ago, and was unable to play the course after sitting around for four hours, but trying again since it is ranked in the 90s on the U.S. Public golf top 100 and I am going to be in the LA area anyways.
Any other suggestions out there?

1 comment:

  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    Thanks

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    ReplyDelete