Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Country Club added to 2015 schedule!



Talk about receiving a heck of a Christmas gift (the week after we buried one of my very good friends), this morning I received an invitation to play The Country Club (of Brookline) in Boston sometime in 2015!  It is ranked #42 in the world and #24 in the U.S. More importantly, it is where Francis Ouimet won the U.S. Open in 1913, beating both heavily favored Harry Vardon and Ted Ray. It is the storyline for the movie, The Greatest Game Ever Played.

Next year is going to be one heck of a golf year! I can't adequately express in words just how excited I am about this invitation. It is right up there with Augusta, Shinnecock, and National Golf Links of America. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for the invitation. This is one of the handful of courses I had no idea how I was ever going to get on, and to now have the opportunity to experience the rich history of The Country Club is a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment